Kent and Greenwich Student Certificate for Volunteering - KSCV / GSCV
GK Unions and the Universities run a joint award scheme whereby students, through the Volunteer Toolkit, can log volunteering hours to achieve various levels of certification. To help you reflect on the employability skills you are gaining each level has criteria for you to complete. You will be prompted on your profile page.
- KSCV / GSCV Bronze: 25 hours of volunteering: Rate your skills.
- KSCV / GSCV Silver: 50 hours of volunteering: Re-rate your skills: Record at least 6 employability skills: Have a review with a member of GK Unions - email email@example.com
- KSCV / GSCV Gold: 100 hours of volunteering: Re-rate your skills: Evidence one training session: Complete an online written reflective review of your volunteering focusing on your employability.
- KSCV /GSCV Gold Plus: 200 hours of volunteering: Re-rate your skills.
You must work through all the previous awards before moving on to the next one.
Remember that volunteering, both on and off campus can be recorded on your Toolkit. If you are not sure please check on the Volunteer Toolkit homepage
Each year Medway will host a KSCV / GSCV awards evening to celebrate the achievements of Kent and Greenwich volunteers. This usually takes place in May.
- KSCV Platinum - Kent students only: This is a module based level of the KSCV that takes your volunteering to a higher level. For more information click on the Platinum tab or email D.Coldwell@kent.ac.uk
Volunteer of the Month
Is there a fellow student who has exceeded in volunteering? If so, you can nominate them for Volunteer of The Month: Nominations are viewed by the Medway Volunteer Committee who will choose a winner. The winner will then recieve a £20 Amazon gift voucher plus a certificate.
To nominate please click this link here.
Tim has gone above and beyond his role as president and has worked hard to source two sponsors, organise a successful freshers and been the driving force in creating a 3rd team and social football to get as many students as possible to take part in sport.
Tim receives a certificate and a £20 Amazon voucher. The photo is of Ali Chambers, GK manager, presenting Tim with his awards.
The following two students were also nominated and receive a free hot drink voucher:
President of MPSA and Events Officer for Hindu Soc