Who are our Proof Readers?
All our proofreaders are final year undergraduates or postgraduates who are specifically specialised in Proof Reading and thus are tried and tested to do the work. They have generalist skill and are not specific to any faculty.
What do our Proof Readers do with your work?
- Read through your entire piece of work.
- Tune in to the fine detail – look for typos and grammatical mistakes, missing words and so on.
- Check grammar and make grammatical changes only (changes will be shown in the margin).
- Check for flow and ensure sentences make sense.
- Check English.
- Check the layout and format of paragraphs and headings.
- Check citations in the text are referenced correctly.
What Proof Readers won't do:
- Re-name your essay/dissertation.
- Re-write sentences or paragraphs.
- Check or give an opinion on your argument or theory.
- Write any part of your essay/dissertation.
- Edit your work e.g. delete text.
- Check the format of your references, as this changes from faculty to faculty.
Perks of choosing Jobshop:
- Our service is cheaper and more affordable than external providers.
- Our proof reading service starts at £12.00 + VAT per hour for every 1500 - 2000 words read of a well-written document! Please note it can take longer to proof read a document that needs extensive grammatical changes.
- Email us and we will give you a quote for the job!
- This service is particularly useful for students where English is not their first language!
- Having work proof read can boost your grade by picking up on grammar, flow and English language mistakes.
- All our proof readers are fellow students either in the final year of their undergraduate degree or undertaking a postgraduate degree. All have been tested for high accuracy levels in proof reading.
What we need from you:
We always need at least one week's notice for a proof reading job to ensure that we have a proof reader free to take on the job!
How to pay for your Proof Read work?
Payment for proof read work must be made upon completion of the proof reading job. Payment can either be made by cash or card at the Student Hub. Alternatively, you can make payment by BACS transfer. We will provide you with the details once you have booked a proof reading.
If a proof reading job exceeds an estimate of £100 you may be asked for an initial 50% deposit when we accept your proof reading job.
Once you have fully paid for your proof reading job we will then return the work to you via email.
How to contact us with your proof reading query:
To enquire further about our proof reading services please email:
email@example.com or telephone: 01227 824251