When studying it may be neccesary to find employment to supplement your income, below are some basic pointers when considering this.


Job Shop

Need a bit of extra cash to help pay for your studies?

Providing a one-stop service for part time and temporary vacancies, you need look no further for work.  With placements ranging from bar and catering work to IT and translation, there is something for everyone.

As well as earning money, you can benefit your future career.  Work experience provides you with specific skills which set you apart from other applicants, and are highly valued by employers.

Kent Union run the Jobshop and all University of Greenwich and University of Kent students can register for it and sign up.

The University of Greenwich also run their own Jobshop, with an array of different jobs available. 

National Insurance Number (NINO)

You should have been sent a NINO just before your 16th birthday if you live in the UK and your parents/guardians are receiving Child Benefit for you.

If you haven't received a NINO or if you are an international student and require a NINO to work for an employer in the UK then you can call 0845 600 0643 to make an appointment to apply for one.

You can find more information on obtaining a NINO here.

Contact Us

If you still need help use the links below to arrange to speak to an adviser regarding your specific case and circumstances.