Contact Us

Any students who would like to receive advice from us can access our services in a wide range of ways.


Summer Vacation Service (17th June - 13th September)

On the above dates the Advice Centre will operate our summer vacation service.  The main changes to the service are:

  • No Drop-In services will run.
  • Appointments must be pre-booked.

Due to how busy the service is over the summer vacation, especially when the academic results are released, we advise all students who wish to receive advice or to pre-book an appointment to follow the below guidance in accessing the service:

  1. Email
  2. Explain clearly and concisely the query you have and the advice required.
  3. Attach to the email any relevant documents, i.e. academic decision letter.

The above will help us to advise you as quickly and accurately as possible.


Full Appointment

The Advice Centre offers full pre-booked appointments.

To arrange one of these please call 01634 88 88 55 or visit the main Reception in the Student Hub.

These appointments are designed for more complex or time consuming issues and enable you to have approximately 45 minutes allocated with an adviser.

These appointments are mainly in-person but if needed can also be conducted over the telephone if needed.


Drop-in (term time only)

These sessions provide an initial consultation with an adviser.

They are designed to run for approximately 10 - 15 minutes per student so are not always appropriate for complex advice.

The drop-in sessions* run:

Monday:             10am - 12 noon and 1pm - 3pm

Wednesday:       10am - 12 noon and 1pm - 3pm

Friday:                 1pm - 3pm

*Please be aware that any changes to our drop-in sessions will be advertised via our News items.


Email Advice

Some students may prefer to receive advice via email either because the subject they wish to discuss is very personal or just for convenience.

We offer a dedicated advice email service:

Contact Form


*we will respond to emails within 2 working days letting you know what we can do to help and you’ll get a full response within 5 working days. If your query is urgent then it may be more appropriate for you to access our service via one of the alternative options on this page.


Telephone Advice

If you wish to speak to an adviser but are unable to come to campus or just prefer to receive the advice via the telephone then we have a dedicated Advice Line that you can call:

01634 88 88 55*

*Please note that the Advice Line doesn’t have a voicemail feature and at busy periods it may be difficult to get through. If you cannot get through on this line then please use an alternative way to contact us if you need urgent advice.



We are based in the Student Hub on campus and to locate our Advice Centre you need to access the building via the front main entrance, walk past the main reception through double doors towards the 'Deep End' and once through those doors turn right towards another set of double doors (that take you towards the main toilets) and once through those doors you will see stairs going up that will take you directly to us.

Our full address is:

GK Unions Advice Centre

The Student Hub

North Road

Chatham Maritime




Opening Hours

We are open Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Any amendments to our opening hours can be found via our News items or at the top of this page.