If you have academic concerns or issues, you can either contact us, or alternatively contact your Student Rep. Student Reps have a direct relationship with the University, and can offer advice regarding academic issues.

Some of the areas we cover are listed below, but if you have any other concerns/issues that you would like to discuss with us please get in contact.

Email: Telephone Advice Line: 01634 88 88 55


Go To:

Academic Appeals

During your time as a student the University will make decisions on your progress and performance in examinations and coursework and on your eligibility for the award of the qualification for which you are studying.

If you think that such a decision is wrong or is based on incorrect or partial information then you may have the right to appeal against the decision.  If you are a University of Greenwich student you can access the Academic Appeal regulations and form here and if you are a University of Kent student you can access your regulations here and the form here.

Both Universities will require you to:

  1. Complete their Academic Appeal form
  2. Make your appeal within their deadline period
  3. Provide a supporting statement detailing the reasons for your appeal and providing as much evidence to support your case as possible

Concessions and Extenuating Circumstances

Sometimes students' coursework or exam performance can be impaired because of significant illness, personal problem, or traumatic event (such as a bereavement).

If something happens which adversely affects your academic ability then University of Greenwich students' should consider making an Extenuating Circumstances application and University of Kent students should consider making a Concessions application.

The actual Concessions/Extenuating Circumstances forms can be obtained direct via your Department and both Universities will require you to:

  1. Complete the form fully and explain how your academic performance has been impaired
  2. Provide as much evidence as possible to substantiate your claim


Plagiarism is becoming more and more of an issue due to the widespread use of the internet.  Although it may at times seem to be the easy option, the penalties that you will receive if caught can be severe.

If you are accussed of plagiarism or any other academic offence then you should be notified by your University of the allegation and you should make yourself aware of the regulations.  University of Greenwich students can access their regulations here and University of Kent students can access their regulations here.

University Complaints

If you are unhappy with the way you have been treated or are unhappy with a certain University procedure or policy then you can make a written formal complaint to them.

Before you make a written formal complaint you should always try to resolve the matter informally first if at all possible as this may resolve your issue.  However if this doesn't work then University of Greenwich students should follow their complaints procedures and University of Kent students should follow their complaints procedures.

With any formal written complaint made you should always try to provide the following in your complaint letter:

  1. The fact that you are making a formal written complaint as per their complaints procedures
  2. Details of the situation that you are unhappy with explaining it as factually and concise as you possibly can
  3. Confirmation of what outcome you are looking for to resolve the matter

Contact Us

If you still need help use the links below to arrange to speak to an adviser regarding your specific case and circumstances.